Wednesday, April 20, 2011

unemployed for the first time in 12 years

Yesterday was my last day of work, and today starts the beginning of my being unemployed for the first time in 12 years.  Hard to believe.  It's kind of freaking me out.  But I don't have too much time to worry about it, because we have tons of work to do to get ready for the move.

I sold my massage table yesterday (so sad, it was with me for 10 years!), so now we have room to pack up the car.  Jon found out some bad news yesterday.  We are only allowed to pack 100 lbs of stuff in the car for when it gets shipped.  Which means, we have to weed through all of our already packed stuff, and take out anything that is not really a necessity.  Goodbye, my favorite mixing bowls :-(

I also had dinner with one of my most favorite people ever, Vanessa, last night.  We have always lead strangely parallel lives, and worked at the same jobs multiple times.  I will really miss her.  I gave her all of my acupuncture supplies. 

My dad is coming over today to take apart our bed, because my friend Marie is going to buy it.  She is either coming by tonight or tomorrow night, so after that we will be sleeping on the floor until we go. 

So basically, it's going to be a few weeks of craziness, starting... NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment